Friday, April 10, 2015

Resettling and Creating


I haven’t written in a while! Sometimes life gets in the way of creating and writing. We recently had the good fortune to sell our real estate property. This lead to packing boxes of belongings and donating and tossing items no longer needed. You don’t realize how much you have accumulated, until you have to pack it all in boxes. I plan to downsize some more this year and hopefully it will become a habit!

We were lucky (blessed!) to have a wonderful real estate agent who helped us through the selling process. I highly recommend Kiki Ress, of Coldwell Banker, if you are planning to sell or buy a property in the Chicagoland area. She handles both commercial and residential properties and is a very knowledgeable, caring and helpful agent. She truly takes the time to assist her clients and maintains a positive, cheerful and professional manner. Her assistance made the process much less stressful than it could have been. You can read about Kiki Ress and Coldwell Banker at: http://www.coldwellbankeronline.com/real_estate_agent/8109/Vaciliki-Kiki-Ress.aspx.

Even though I’ve been busy with moving and resettling, I find myself still needing to create – I recently finished and submitted an entry for Piecework Magazine's Annual Pincushion contest. The design I submitted is a new variation of my yo-yos cubed pincushion. My yo-yos cubed pincushion and ornaments pattern can be purchased and downloaded from the Craftsy.com and Patternspot.com websites. You can view them by clicking the links on the side of my blog page.

For my entry in the Piecework contest, I used fabrics I had hand painted, and added hand embroidery embellishments. I plan to experiment with painting additional fabric in the weeks/months ahead, and I hope to post photos of the results here on my blog.

I love creating and entering challenges. I believe I’ll complete some creative projects this year, even though life has gotten busy in a good way. Taking the time to create art can also bring joy to life and enhances it in a very good way.
Hope you will take time to create and enjoy life!

Denise Buchwalter-Losczyk

No comments:

Post a Comment