Monday, May 1, 2017

Desire to Inspire April Challenger has done it!!

Desire to Inspire April Challenger has done it!!:

I was fortunate to be chosen as the April Challenger for the Henry Glass Fabrics Desire to Inspire Challenge! Please visit their blog to see my finished project!

Friday, November 11, 2016

Embroidered Holiday Gift Tag Ornaments

Embroidered Holiday Gift Tag Ornaments

Hi! I've entered my Holiday Gift Tag ornament instructions in a contest on The projects with the most views win a prize! Please take a look and share! The instructions are provided on the Favecrafts site. (You can view my project and the instructions by clicking on the link above.) They are fun to make! Happy crafting and Happy Holidays! Thanks, Denise Losczyk #faveornament

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sale on online Craft classes!

#ad Craftsy has sale going on right now on their online Craft classes.
All classes are up to 50 percent off. Crafting classes make a great last minute gift, or a fun way to treat yourself during the Holidays! Click on the image link to the right to check it out! Happy Crafting and Happy Holidays!

Friday, December 4, 2015

Update - Completed God's Eye Gift Tag Ornaments

Happy December everyone!

I recently finished making my God's Eye Gift Tag Ornaments, which I had started in October. You can read about how to make the God's Eyes out of perle cotton and toothpicks in my previous October post.

Gods Eye Gift Tag Ornaments before embellishment
God's Eye Gift Tag Ornaments, sewn onto tags and  before adding corner embellishment.

After I finished making the God's Eye weavings, I sewed them onto pre-made Gift tags, which I had purchased from earlier this year, during one of their supply sales. The gift tags have a nice gold glitter embellishment on the bottom of each tag. To sew them onto the tags, I used perle cotton thread, and sewed two opposite sides of each God's Eye onto the tag. I poked a hole in the cardstock tag on each side of the toothpicks, before beginning to sew them in place, I sewed through the holes about 2 times, and took a couple of stitches in place on the back, stitching into the threads to secure the ornaments onto the card.

Gods Eye Gift Tag Ornaments
Completed God's Eye Gift Tag Ornaments, sewn onto tags and with added corner embellishment.

I then embellished the corners of each gift tag with silver spiral designs, drawn with a silver gel marker. I experimented with a heart design on one of the cards, but opted for the spiral design for the other cards.

I added a Holiday greeting on the back of each gift tag, with my signature.

2 Gods Eye Gift Tag Ornaments

All the cards (except for two which I kept) are on their way to family and friends, along with my Holiday greetings.

#ad - Craftsy has a Holiday sale going on now, if you click on the link to the right in my blog you can check it out! Their supplies and classes are on sale, and they have free classes and patterns which you can download, too. Their free and paid classes are all great, and you can connect with other crafters through their online community. It's a great way to get creative, and try out new things. I love Craftsy!

I wish you a wonderful Holiday season, and if you are not celebrating the Holidays, I wish you a Blessed Winter Season.


Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk

Friday, October 9, 2015

Holiday God's Eye Gift Tag Ornaments

Thought I would share some photos of the Holiday Gift Tag Ornaments that I am working on this year. I plan to include them in some of my Holiday cards. My design this year includes God's Eye weavings made from toothpicks and perle cotton thread, no glue required!

I started making the God's eyes by holding 2 toothpicks together  in my hands in a cross shape. I used a long length of cut perle cotton thread to weave around the cross shape. To start weaving hold the tail of the thread in the back of the design, against the bottom of the center toothpick. Wrap the thread around the bottom toothpick once, and then to the right or left (choose the direction you are most comfortable with wrapping in), and over and around the adjacent toothpick. Continue wrapping around the cross shape, being careful to line the threads up next to each other. If the wrapping doesn't look neat or right to you, just unwrap a bit, and start over.

God's Eye Holiday Gift Tag Ornaments in process.

Tips: I used flat toothpicks for this project, they may be a little easier to hold together, versus round toothpicks. Also, variegated thread is great to use, as it creates its own striped design, when wrapping, without having to change threads. I like starting with a light piece of thread at the center, it helps draw attention to the center of the design.

I plan to sew the God's eye weavings to gift tags which I purchased earlier this year from Craftsy during one of their sales. They are nice with gold glitter already applied to the bottom edge of the tags. I will add a little extra decoration to the corners, something simple. I' ll post an updated photo once they are complete.

Check out my previous post for information on a current Craftsy supply sale going on. You can use my sponsored ad link to check it out, if you like.

You can find out more about God's Eyes in this Wikipedia article:

They are very meditative to create, and a great introduction to the weaving craft. According to the Wikipedia article they have been created by the Ancient Pueblo people and are made as a blessing and a part of celebrations. Check out the article to find out more! Also, if you search on, you will find many examples of God's Eyes for sale, and some are very intricate and creative.

Happy Creating and weaving!

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk