Monday, March 4, 2019

Project update

Here is an update on one of the many projects I have been working on. This one is due in April, so I will be busy finishing it up this month. It is my entry for the Quilting Arts "Tempus Fugit" (Time Flies) Reader Challenge, it is a quilted textile postcard for their 100th issue.

I used an image from a woodblock print I made as a teenager as the base for the design. Hope you enjoy seeing my progress. 


Postcard size quilt sandwich (muslin backing, cotton batting,
 and printed quilt top) ready for quilting and embellishment.










Project with quilting done on sit-down machine, with Sulky metallic threads, color added with permanent yellow marker, and text stitched with vintage DMC embroidery threads. (thread is in excellent condition, from the 1950s, I believe, and found at a sale. I love the sheen it has!)

Back of my project, to get a glimpse of the quilting. I plan to add a plain backing over this back, so it can be written on.






























It is starting to feel like Spring here today. We even flew some kites in our backyard!


Flying the Snake kite I purchased in Seattle in the 1980s! 
Nice to have space to fly. Shadow is my husband taking the photos.











Enjoy creating and preparing for spring,

Many Blessings,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk

No comments:

Post a Comment