Sunday, May 19, 2019

Knitting and Tunisian crochet today

Happy May!

Have been busy practicing some machine quilting, and watering container garden plants in the evening.

Thought I would share some of my knitting with a little Tunisian crochet added in. I decided to design my own pillows and Afghan (throw) using Lion brand Homespun yarn which I was lucky to purchase on sale. It was a real deal at $1.00 per skein for 10 skeins! I'm using the Fiesta colorway, which has multi colors in it and will coordinate nicely with our living room. Good for chilly nights!

I've started the design process by trying out different knitting stitches using size 10 needles, then size 10 1/2 needles. (I tried out basket weave, moss stitch & double moss stitch, also a bobble stitch, which I took out, since the stitch definition wasn't as clear as I would like, due to the bulky yarn.) Now I'm trying out Tunisian Simple stitch using a 10 1/2 size crochet hook.

Sample Swatch in process.

Swatch close-up.











































Will post an update later with the pattern I decided on. It is fun taking the time to try out the stitches.

Have fun creating!


Denise Buchwalter-Losczyk

No comments:

Post a Comment