Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Happy New Year 2022, and First Sewing project finished in the New Year!

Happy 2022!

I didn't get much posting done last year, so will try to share some of what I'm working on this year and will be show and telling some projects from last year too!

I don't have any firm resolutions this year, I like to think of every day as a new beginning! Though, I do like seeing the seasons go by, and celebrating each year. It is important to focus on the good things in our life as the years go by.

First sewing project finished in the New Year!


Bag made using Sally Tomato Aurora Bag Pattern





















I participated in the Sulky and Sally Tomato New Year's Eve Sew-a-long on December 31, 2021. I was able to start the Aurora Tote Bag project during the Sew-a-long, and then finished it in the following week sewing with the recorded video from the event. You can find the sew-a-long on their website, www.Sulky.com, in their education section.

It was a fun project. You could either order the Aurora Bag kit or use your own materials. I chose to use some Cork fabric, lining fabric and mask filter batting I had on hand for the project. I ordered canvas fabric and purse hardware on-line. 

I Made This Patch on bag

Lining of Bag with pocket



Bag Zipper with tab
Other 2 patches included with the pattern

I ended up using a zipper from my supply stash, as the zipper tape I found online (not very expensive one) was not of great quality. I will use it for embellishing projects! The zipper in my stash was a little shorter than the one in the pattern, so I just added a bit longer tab on it, it matched the light blue in my fabric perfectly!

The project includes badges you can embroider on your machine. It was a good way to try out the process on my embroidery machine. I embroidered on cork fabric for the first time. I really enjoyed working with the cork. I had won a package of cork to sew with from www.SewingMachinesPlus.com a while ago, and this gave me the opportunity to try it out! 

I may have to order some more cork fabric in the future! I have read that it is very durable. This was my first sew-a-long with Sulky, and it was fun!

Wishing you all the best this year! Healthy, Happy, Creative and Safe New Year!

Many Blessings,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk












No comments:

Post a Comment