Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021, a few little plans for the upcoming year!

Happy New Year to everyone!

I don't have too many new aspirations this year, just continuations from the previous year. Here is a list of what I am working on and plan to work on in 2021:

Continue finishing quilt tops I have started (making them into quilts and practicing my quilting on my Qnique 14+ quilting machine). One example is below, though there are a few more:



Improvisational quilt top I made for an online challenge. 
The challenge was to make a quilt top using 5 fat quarters and 2 additional fabrics. 
I hope to quilt this one, as a way to practice my quilting on my Qnique 14+ quilting machine.
 It takes a lot of practice to become an accomplished quilter, kind of like playing a musical instrument!



I have some odd projects that I would like to complete so I can put them away, rather than having them in the uncompleted stack!


Little quilt I started in the 90s, it has hand quilting.
Began before I had met and married my husband!
Would like to finish this little one!



And the biggest commitment for this year is to work on creating a pattern for the Camp Verde Community Library quilt mural that I created designs for in 2020. I will be sharing little videos with the library as I work on it throughout the year. I plan to use EQ8 software to create the project. I will write a post(s) later with photos and more details about my process! 

Hope to continue healthy habits and lose a little weight ( I have been averaging a 5 lb weight loss each year for the last 2 years!). Seems like I lose in the Summer when there are more fresh fruits to eat, and also a little work in our yard and garden. I like the slow process better than trying to lose quickly.

Hope you all have a good year, no matter what comes our way.

Always look for the good things!

Best wishes,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk

(This is an updated post, with photos added!)


No comments:

Post a Comment