Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Final Project Season 13 Project Quilting

 Hi!

I haven't posted in a while! I guess it was a bit of a blogging vacation. My last post was about Season 13 Project Quilting. At the time there was one challenge left! Here is what I created for the final challenge:


Confused Geese - Flying Geese Challenge for Season 13 Project Quilting


Detail of Confused Geese










It is titled "Confused Geese". The final challenge was to use flying geese to make a small quilt design. It was a good challenge for me, since I hadn't made any Flying Geese blocks before, but have always wanted to try it. 

I used a "Quilt in a Day" flying geese ruler set to make my geese blocks. I have had this set for years and hadn't tried it! It was fun, the process is a little strange feeling, and the resulting blocks kind of felt like a magic trick to me.

I later added buttons as an embellishment to my little quilt, hoping this will keep it from becoming confused as a pot holder or mug mat! I finished the edges with a turned envelope finish. I would have liked a binding, but I was in a hurry to finish my entry!


Confused Geese mini quilt with buttons added.




Quilt in a Day mini ruler set for Flying Geese blocks
and a fussy cutting ruler included.











And other fun news! I won a prize in the previous challenge. 2 Benartex fabric charm packs, Gathering and Spring Song. 


5 inch charm pack prizes from Benartex and Persimon Dreams.
 Love the sticker from Persimon Dreams too!














I have already started using them to make a version of a "Drunkard's Path" quilt. I am combining the fabric with Benartex solid fabric charms and also with a Benartex layer cake I had in my stash. I may add black and white fabrics and some other solids to, as I work on the design. I am creating it as an improvised quilt design, rather than planning it all out ahead of time. Thank you to Benartex and Persimon Dreams!

I used an Accu-quilt Go! Drunkard's Path die to cut out the patches. It is a little fussy to sew together the curved blocks and I am squaring them off a bit too. It isn't difficult, just a little fussy! Not sure I will want to be making these all the time, but it is a nice accomplishment.

Cut out AccuQuilt Go! Drunkard's path block pieces on my design wall.


















Hope you enjoyed this little update! 

Happy quilting and creating everyone!

Many Blessings,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk


No comments:

Post a Comment