Sunday, September 4, 2022

Update - Quilt completed!

Hi!

Happy September! Hope you are all doing well. It is still very hot here, but we are starting to look forward to the cooler weather.

I recently finished my "Black and White and Read all over" quilt. I wrote about it in an earlier post this year - back in February! You can read my earlier blog to find out more about this AQS pattern. 

I finished quilting it on my Qnique 14+ mid arm and frame. I used my own free hand and ruler work quilt designs; it was fun to quilt. I used Superior Threads Rainbow Black and white variegated 40 wt. Trilobal Polyester on the top, and Wonderfil Invisafil IF718 100 wt. thread in the bobbin. I also added a border and some hand sewn yo-yos, with fabric inserts. I am very happy with it and excited to send it to its recipient. 

Here are some photos:

Full view - Disappearing Nine Patch - Titled: "Black and White and Read all over"






















Detail of quilt











Detail of quilt border with fabric yo-yo with insert





















Detail of quilt - typewriter block and free motion quilting










I also entered it in an online Sew Fest contest at SewingMachinesPlus. You can check it out and vote if you like! The contest has 2 categories, you can vote for a garment and a home decor project daily through September 11, 2022. 

To see the entries go to Virtual Sewing Festival | Contest Voting (sewingmachinesplus.com) 

My quilt is Black and White and Read all over, by Denise L. (There is another Denise L in the contest, but this is my only entry!) Vote for my quilt if you like and check out the other entries too!

Many Blessings to you!

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk






No comments:

Post a Comment