Sunday, January 6, 2019

Happy New Year 2019! Thoughts on Resolutions and my finished mini challenge quilt!

Happy New Year 2019!

Like many others you may be busy making resolutions for the New Year. I am usually tempted to jump on the Resolution wagon and join challenges for the year. One thing I discovered last year is that the monthly challenges I joined were often not met because new opportunities presented themselves.


This year I've decided to follow my heart, leave my time more open and create more on my own. I do have an ongoing list of things I would like to achieve that I am always working towards. I'm hoping to get back to entering juried shows and showing my work. I plan to keep working on my projects, so I have some completed ones to share! Also, looking forward to exploring more in my studio, trying out new techniques to incorporate in my work and also improve on my already existing skills.

Here is a photo of my recently completed entry in the "Heat it Up" Quilting Arts Reader Challenge. My little quilt was not chosen this time, but I am very happy I took the time to make it. I explored some new techniques. I may have to set up a little gallery area in my studio for these little quilts.

I do plan to enter more Quilting Arts Magazine Challenges in the future, they are great for expanding your creativity.

Full view of my little 7 inch x 7 inch quilt. 
I used Angelina Fibers for the binding.

Detail view of quilt, using fused elements to embellish 
and enameled charms left over from an enameling class I took.

Another close up - Glass butterfly beads on the left.
































































Whether you chose to make Resolutions or not, I wish you Happy Creating in 2019!

Blessings,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk




No comments:

Post a Comment