Monday, February 7, 2022

AQS free gift with subscription - and Square Deal Plus quilt made

I recently renewed my AQS (American Quilter's Society Membership). Their membership is a great value if you are a new, intermediate or advanced quilter. They always have a free gift with their membership and renewals and their membership is very reasonably priced. The current price of a membership at this time is $25.00 for 6 issues of their publication.

The current gift with membership, at the time of this blog, is a Konfeti 50 wt. Cotton thread pack from Wonderfil thread. Here is a photo of the gift I received:

AQS American Quilter magazine and free gift received


Back of package with description of thread





































Thread received in my box!













You get an excellent publication (digital and print), and member benefits, and they also have great quilt shows. I have had a quilt shown in at least one of their shows, I haven't attended in person yet, but perhaps I will one day! The shows look like lots of fun. 

I subscribe to their email newsletter, which you can do whether you are a member or not. There is always useful quilting information and projects and patterns you can explore.

Here is a bed quilt I finished earlier this year. It uses a "Square Deal" pattern found on the AQS site. I usually design my own quilts, but this just called out to be made! I named it "Square Deal Plus", since I added borders on the sides to make it fit our bed. It was my first very large quilt! I used Wonderfil Invisafil 100 weight thread in the top and bottom for quilting my quilt, and it worked very well.

"Square Deal Plus" made from the "Square Deal Quilt Pattern" from AQS (American Quilter's Society)



If you'd like to find out more about quilting, you can check out their website at www.americanquilter.com.

Happy Quilting and many Blessings!

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk


No comments:

Post a Comment