Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Garden Hat - a fun and useful project!

Looking back at another project completed last year (2021). 

My husband and I always wear a large brim hat when working in the yard or gardening. I had been wearing the same hat for a few years now and wanted to have something different to wear. The prettiest hats can be very expensive when shopping! I had found a lavender Panama straw hat once while we were traveling in the Southwest, but it was too much for my pocketbook, but a beautiful hat!

While pattern shopping online I found McCall's pattern M6885. It has a sun dress, but also a very attractive and useful looking hat.















I looked over my fabric stash and found a Kaffe Fassett fabric I purchased a few years ago, not knowing what it would become at the time! It is a nice large Cabbage Rose print. I used the fabric for the outside and the lining, I had a yard of fabric. I will use any leftover scraps for quilting projects. It was my first time making a hat, it was a fun, confidence growing experience. It is good to make new things and feel a sense of accomplishment!

The hat came out nice and I have been enjoying using it in the garden or for walks in the neighborhood. It is also very pretty to look at when displayed on a kitchen chair. A hat with a large brim is essential when gardening in the bright sun.




I now plan to look over my fabric stash to see if I have the right fabric for another hat. Hope my hat will inspire you to make your own! 

Many Blessings,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk


No comments:

Post a Comment