Sunday, December 6, 2020

Day 5 - 31 Day Blog Challenge 2020 - First Projects

Today's subject is first project. I've decided to share some of my first creative projects.

I'm going way back for these! 


The first one is from 1964. I guess I have always liked this little pinch pot. It is unfired clay, painted with tempera paint and shellac. Does anyone remember making these? I don't have too many early projects, but this is one I've held onto! It is even signed!


















2nd project I'm sharing is my hand stitched pin cushion. I made it in Brownies. My mom was the Brownie leader, and later our Girl Scout leader. I was a shy kid, so having your mom for a leader was comforting.




The last project is an embroidered pillow case. I believe I was about 9 or 10 when I made this. My stitching skills had improved and I was careful to follow the lines! 












We all start somewhere when we create. I know my skills have improved quite a bit since these projects! Though the embroidery may have been more carefully executed than what I create now! It is fun to look back at creations from the past, they always seem to provide comfort to me in my life.

Hope you appreciate your past creations!

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk













No comments:

Post a Comment