Saturday, December 8, 2018

A new studio tool to explore - Day 8 - 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge 2018

Hi,

Sharing my new studio tool today! I have wanted to get a Brother ScanNCut cutting machine for quite a while. This arrived about 2 days ago. A present from my husband and myself!

This is the Brother ScanNCut DX125 model, it arrived neatly packed. It was thoughtfully packed so it was not too difficult to remove from the box. The Styrofoam on the ends of the machine is in 2 pieces, so you take out the top halves, and it makes it easy to lift the machine out of the box. Simple solution!

Box which came inside of another cardboard box, inside of 
another larger cardboard box.

When I saw the machine I thought, it is so pretty, and also nicely compact, not too heavy, but sturdy. I tried out the get started project 
which didn't take too long to make. (It is a little box, which can be folded into shape.)

Looking forward to experimenting with the machine to discover the different ways I can use it. The machine comes with one standard mat, and cutting blade. Also a black pen holder and pen. A spatula tool for removing designs from the mat is included, along with a plastic stylus, for use with the touch screen. (You can use your finger on the touch screen, also.)

There is software that you can download for use with the machine, so you can design your own work. You can also scan your own designs into the machine, and cut them out. It comes with designs built in, and some included with the software. You don't need your computer to use it, which is one thing I like very much about the machine.


I plan to cut paper, fabric, and felt with it for use in projects. I may have to buy some additional supplies for cutting fabric, but plan to use the blade and mat that came with it first, and cut some paper projects, so I can become acquainted with it.


Will share my progress with you in the days ahead!

Have a great day,


Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk 


#31dayblogwritingchallenge


If you would like to participate in the 31 day blog writing challenge or visit the blogs of the other participants go to http://muppin.com/wordpress/index.php/the-2018-31-day-blog-writing-challenge/.


No comments:

Post a Comment