Wednesday, December 5, 2018

My Seasonal Inspiration-Day Five-31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

Good evening,
It has been a busy day, so I am posting a bit late.Today I am sharing some of my seasonal inspiration.We have a wonderful Pecan tree in our yard, and it is Pecan gathering season again. We shake the branches a bit, then pick up the nuts. The fun is hunting them on the ground, they tend to blend in with the grass and fallen leaves. It is like a little puzzle hunting for them. Some have holes in them, since the crows (ravens) like them too. We call these nuts "crow nuts".I will update this blog with photos tomorrow, and also with ideas for using pecans! (I had second thoughts about the recipes, I may enter some in contests, so I will wait for now, before posting them.)
Update, here are the photos!


Great use for extra pecans: Leave some for Santa, they are much healthier than cookies, and these thin shelled pecans can be cracked by the reindeer!


One of my favorite things to make is Pecan Butter. It is delicious, I never get tired of it! You can easily make it in your food processor, adding a dash of canola oil helps the pecans blend a bit easier. 


Pecan photo shot: All pecans are from our tree, except for the round one! 


Pecan pancakes with salad, and #FrenchsKetchup.


Close up view of pecan pancakes (my husband makes them)!


Yummy chocolate cake, with pecans used for decoration.
They are great for decorating Pumpkin Pie, too.


Pecans and Pecan Butter


Our Pear and Pecan tree in the distance. Pecan tree is on the right.
This is before we planted additional trees in our yard.

Hope you have had a good day and have a good night!

Denise Buchwalter-Losczyk


#31dayblogwritingchallenge2018




No comments:

Post a Comment