Sunday, December 2, 2018

Good News: my Quilt has been Published and Day 2 Blog Writing Challenge!

Greetings,

It is Day 2 of the #31DayBlogChallenge2018, though I confess, I am writing this post ahead of time!

I have some good news to share:

My entry in another challenge, the Quilting Arts June 2018"I've Got a Notion" Reader Challenge was accepted and has been published! It is exciting to see my little quilt printed in the recent December 2018/January 2019 Quilting Arts Magazine.
Here are two photos of my quilts, the first one is a detail, and the second is the completed quilt:

Detail - My Notions: Imagination, Needle and Thread, by Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk Copyright 2018


Full view - My Notions: Imagination, Needle and Thread, by Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk Copyright 2018

It took me about 2 weeks to complete the little quilt. I used leftover bits from previous projects, charms, buttons and a little spool of vintage silk thread to embellish the quilt. My father gave me the little brass thimble with a tassel charm, which I included on this quilt.

The Reader Challenges in Quilting Arts Magazine are a great way to challenge yourself and keep yourself creating on a regular basis. In the past I have entered some of the challenges, but had not been chosen, which is always a bit disappointing. But now, when I think of it, taking part is actually a way to keep yourself growing creatively (DUH!). I may try to enter most of their challenges this following year. I also like that you do have the chance to have your art published and it is another way to share your creations with others.

You can find the December 2018/January 2019 issue of Quilting Arts here.

To see what other bloggers in the #31dayblogchallenge2018 are writing about visit here.

Stay Creative,

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk

No comments:

Post a Comment