Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Auditioning Supplies for a New Challenge - Day 18 - 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

Today I have begun auditioning supplies for a new challenge. I've decided to try my hand at creating a mini quilt for the December 2018/January 2019 Quilting Arts Magazine Reader Challenge. 
If you are interested in entering the challenge you can read more about it in the December 2018/January 2019 issue of Quilting Arts magazine. Their challenges are fun, even if you aren't chosen. If chosen, you have the chance to have your work published in an upcoming issue of the magazine. The finalists of this challenge will be published in the June 2019 issue. 

The challenge is to make a 7 inch x 7 inch quilt based on the theme of "Heat it Up!", incorporating the element of heat in the art quilt. The quilt entries are due electronically by January 2, 2019, so I need to get busy.

Here are the supplies I have gathered to possibly utilize in the quilt. I'll post more photos as my work progresses:

Supplies I've gathered for possible use in my little art quilt.
Close up of photos of flowers in our summer garden, 
sunflowers and cosmos, transferred to TAP paper.

Close up of Angelina Fibers - I have had these in my stash 
for a while, and have not worked with them yet. 
Also fusible stones and brass embellishments, from my stash.

Embroidered silk that I like, I've used it in some of my other projects, 
I like the hot orange color for this project, perhaps. 
I may include the blue batik fabric on the right, also. 
It is one of my favorite fabrics and I only have a little left!


Hope to get busy in the studio these days! It seems like it takes me a while to make my way into the studio many times, but I plan to keep returning to my creative spot!

Happy creating, keep creating, and don't give up creating!

Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk

#31DayBlogWritingChallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment